Sunday, October 6, 2013

Simplicity 2406 Pattern Review and September Pretty Girls Sew Along

Way back when I had the red and black lumberjack with the ...bow to match? haha no... okay so I'm not a rapper but I will say that that song and the mix of faux leather and plaid inspired me in the making of this one. This is my submission for the Septembers Pretty Girls Sew along
 
 
 
Pattern Description:
Misses' dress in three lengths with sleeve variations by Cynthia Rowley.
 
Pattern Sizing:
H5 Misses 6-14
I cut the 10. There is alot of wearing ease. I think I made an okay choice.
 
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
For the most part. the shape is the same though I made some changes.
 
Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes they were. I did find a lot of tutorials about the sleeves online. The pictures in the instructions were not that great so the tuts made the light bulb in my head click on. :) 

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
The only thing I didn't care for was the boxiness of the skirt. I think it would be cuter if it was pegged but that's my personal opinion. I'm to lazy to pick out the pockets and change it. I dont care much for facings either. This would be better lined.
 
Fabric Used:
A matte stretch faux leather fabric and a knit plaid that I bought from Girl Charlee.
 
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I sliced the front and back bodice pieces at the triangles under the waist line. Then added seam allowance to both pieces so I could join them to make the dress look like two pieces. I also added the zipper after noticing how much body the faux leather had. The back gaped more than I liked and I wanted to be able to wear it to church.
 
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I recomend the pattern for its ease of use. I might try it again in a single fabric choice but don't know. Its more grown up than I usually wear and still have many patterns to go through.
 
Conclusion:
Over all its a well constructed pattern and the sew along encouraged me to go out of my box and try something new.
 

.. and because life is too short to be serious lol. Thank God for my husband who makes life so much fun and for being my photographer.
 
Thanks for checking out my review.
Happy Sewing
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment