Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Butterick 3236 Princess Costume Review

Pattern Description:
Floor-length dress has fitted, lined bodice with side front seams, slightly flared skirt and back zipper. A: contrast bodice front/skirt and sleeve flounce. B: flower trim and contrast bodice/sleeves/bustle. C: contrast bodice front/front underskirt/sleeve ruffles. D: contrast sleeve flounce. A,D: long sleeves. B,C: below- elbow sleeves. All have purchased trim.
 
Pattern Sizing:
Child 6-8
I cut the 6 View C 
 
Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes they were
 
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Everything was awesome about the pattern. I did get tripped up on figuring out what was the top/bottom pieces of the overskirt but then figured it out.
 
Fabric Used:
I used 2 colored organza and broadcloth from Joann’s. I loved the glitter fuchsia organza. So I layered it with the broadcloth to make it work.  The silver sequins were from my stash.
 
 
 
 Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

I would if I had to make another princess costume, sure. I def recommend it to others. I think it’s the best view of the pattern. It could even pass for a Anne Boleyn period dress too.
 
 Conclusion:
Overall this pattern makes for a fast and easy costume.
 
 
Thanks for checking out my review
Happy Sewing!!

 

1 comments:

  1. Wow great job. I am attempting this pattern right now. I don't really have much experience but Im doing alright. I hope my dress comes out as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete