Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Violette Field Threads Cosette Pattern Review

When this pattern first came out I knew I had to have it and make it for my girlies. I’ve made it twice so far for birthday presents and have yet to make it for them ha ha. Right now, I’m knee deep into Halloween. I'm so looking forward to busting out some fall patterns and speaking of patterns.... I won the VFT Knit pattern giveaway!!!! How awesome is that!! I’ve never won anything before, especially, not from my favorite place to shop. So now I have a bunch of new patterns to sew up. Thanks again to Violette Field Threads.
 
 
 
Pattern Description:
Cosette is a Maxi Dress featuring a pleated bodice with cascading flutter sleeves. The delicate flutter sleeves extend all the way down the back and tie in a sweet bow at the top of the back bodice. The skirt is full and has four sets of ruffles adorning the bottom. This gorgeous dress is so feminine with classic styling.
 
Pattern Sizing:
2T-10 year I cut the bodice in a 6 and the rest in a 5 because shes a tiny girl :)
 
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes it sure did.
 
Were the instructions easy to follow?
i got hung up on the pleats a lil bit because it was my first time making them but got the hang of it. The directions are very clear.
 
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I love how the pleated bodice came out. I was never a fan of hemming but VFT is bringing me out of that. The more I do it the easier (or tolerable lol) it gets. There is a lot of hemming for the long bottom ruffles.
 
Fabric Used:
Blue and Green Medallion part of the Little Lisette Collection from Joann's
Its so soft!!
 
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
No changes were made
 
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I def plan on sewing this again. may look for a sweet eyelet for Easter.  I recommend this pattern for any lil girl who loves feeling like a princess.
 
Conclusion:
Another hit! Love the Cosette. Its easy to make and even though the ruffles take a bit of time, the end result is stunning.




Thanks for checking out my review.
Happy sewing.


Don't sew? Need a dress for as special occasion or love Violette Field Threads Clothes? Contact me for custom orders @ Leilastrousseau@aol.com or on my Etsy https://www.etsy.com/shop/LeilasTrousseau

0 comments:

Post a Comment