Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Ottobre Design 06/2012 Velour Tunic Review

ottobre 6/12
 
Pattern Description:
Pattern is a flowy tunic with frills and fitted wrist cuffs.
 
Pattern Sizing:
92-128cm
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes and no. It has the same shape but I instead of soft velour, I used a drapey black and gold mystery fabric from Girl Charlee.
Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes. So much that I don’t remember using them.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I loved it all. It was fun and easy to put together. No complaints here.
 
Fabric Used:
Stretchy ribbed sparkly gold and black mystery fabric. (Wow can you say a lot of adjectives haha)
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I did not stabilize shoulder seams. It worked out fine with my fabric choice.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes I would and Do recommend. It’s a very sweet top and with a cool fabric choice, I can be very fashion forward. My daughter absolutely loves it and has worn it over and over. I couldn’t be happier that she is :)
Conclusion:
It was an easy project and my daughter loves it. So that equals a win-win to me. This was my first Ottobre Design project and I love it. Just wish the woman’s mags were as awesome as the kid’s.
 

 

2 comments: