Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Burda 7184 Pattern Review


Pattern Description:

New feminine silhouette with elegant swing. The raglan sleeves are granting wearing ease. The loosely draped front pieces with notched collar adds a special bling to it.

Pattern Sizing:
10-20
I cut a 12. I feel that the size was right for the drapeyness.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes it did.

 Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes they were very easy.

 What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
If you want to use stripes use extra caution. The sleeves are made in two pieces and the way they line up at the neckline is kinda funny. Lucky for me I was using a sweater knit and have T Rex arms. No one knows but me that the arms are a lil short. If you don't care for hemming; there was a lot. But once that's done it’s a breeze. Also the arms are cut curved, I prefer less curve for a less a bulky fitted sleeve.

 Fabric Used:
Striped sweater knit I bought just for a cardigan pattern from Girl Charlee. :)

 Pattern alterations or any design changes you made
I didn't make any.

 Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes I would both sew again and recommend.

Conclusion:
Overall this is a good pattern. Next one I make I will make some changes to the sleeves to make them a little more fitted. I love the "drapeyness" and flow of the sweater. I’ve worn it several times since I made it ;) you can wear it drapey, pair it with a belt at the waist. Or tie it. Love it! Sorry about the crappy pictures. It’s hard to find a place to stick my camera because we don’t have a tripod J

Happy sewing thanks for checking out my review.
 
 

1 comments: