Sunday, December 30, 2012

Simplicty 2749 Pattern Review

 
2749 Girls & Girls Plus Sleepwear
Girls & Girls Plus Pajama Pants, Robe, Headband, Bag & Knit Tunic Or Top
 
Size AA 8-16:
I sized down the pattern a lil bit to for my 6 year old
 
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes somewhat. My fabric choice made it a lil more soft and drapey.
 
Were the instructions easy to follow?
yes but I hated all the bias tape. It can bee seen. especially in areas of the drapey hood. Have I known what I knew now I would have made my own with the fabric I had so there would be continuity.
 
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
My only dislikes are my poor choice in bias tape and that there are no ties to keep the robe from sliding open aside from the belt. You will want to add those. Also the bell sleeve are a bit on the long side. You may want to measure and shorten accordingly.
 
Fabric Used:
 
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
Graded It down to at 6.
 
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes I plan on sewing the nightgown. I would recommend the pattern but keep the bias tape in mind.
 
Conclusion:

Overall this is a very cute pattern. I plan to make other views and cant wait for the outcome.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment