Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Margarona Recipe

Back in november a couple girlfriends and I went to go see the last installation of twilight. We went to have a cocktail to kill time before the movie. So we stopped in a local mexican restaurant that I knew had some yummy margaritas. They were having a special on a drink called a margarona. Its pretty much a margarita with a Corona in it. Its was sweet, salty, and bubbly at the same time.  Its a fun lil mix. The only problem is they are kinda pricey.  So I set off to learn how to make my own.

Margarona
1.5 oz 100% agave blanco tequila (I used Lunazul)
1oz triple sec
1 oz lime juice
1 oz simple syrup (optional. Depends on if u need it sweet. I like it that way)
Margarita salt
Coronita ( Small Corona)

Make sure glass is wide and tall enough to put Corona in and still be able to sip from a straw.
Dip glass in lime juice and then in margarita salt.
Fill half or a little less with ice and pour in margarita.
Pop open your Coronita and carefully put it in the glass. I try not to pour too much corona in the margarita at first and pull it up a little as I sip on the drink.
Haha notice the fabric, thread, and wrapping paper.
Enjoy
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment