Monday, March 5, 2012

How I Made My Kiddies DVD Collection Shrink!

Alrighty so I was on pinterst the other day and I found this clever way to store DVD's. Its quite similar to how I used to store all my Cd's back in the day lol. So I went shopping and bought this @ The Container Store for $25.00. http://www.containerstore.com/shop?productId=10022645&N=&Ntt=cd+storage If you are wondering . . they do sell extras sleeves. lol

So I took out all the dvds and placeed them in the jackets. The only thing I did differently was to crop the titles from the boxes and put them in so the the kids can find them. Not all the  dvds had a picture on them. It was great not only was I able to reduce clutter but I found lots of movies we thought were missing. I wanted to tag back the pin that I found and lo and behold it was also from http://abowlfulloflemons.blogspot.com/ and I even bought the same exact cd conatiner lol. Another fine project done!




I even uncovered more than this and still have over half the space left for more. I beleieve it holds 120 cd's.

Typically they are 5x5 but I trimed and extra 1/8 inch off each side to make them slide in easier.










Put them inside infornt of the movie.


Recycled the boxes :)

The kiddies clean DVD's :)
Happy Organizing
Love Lots
Steph

0 comments:

Post a Comment